Friday 21 October 2011

Sculptures, Speeches and Sparkling Wine...

Tonight was the grand opening of the Woollahra Small Sculpture Exhibition! As you can see, the gallery is not too shabby, the works being displayed in Woollahra Municipal Council, a magificent stone mansion over looking the sun setting harbour & Double Bay...


Dancing children were hired to lift the spirits of the nervous artists...


People milling about, drinking wine, talking art....



Here I gaze into the universe... a beautiful wooden box containing layers of stars and its own mini telescope.



Microcosmos  by  Perran Costi...



The Winner,  Pas De Deux,  by  Margaret Seymore



Another of my favourites was this conglomerate lemon squeezer... I like anything that looks like a giant microbe. The artist is Donna Marcus  and the work was called Extract.
Extract the Lemon juice?


Someone reads about my sculptures... I love how anonymous you can be as an artist.... I can sneak up and see if her expression conveys anything interesting....


I am really happy with the way the curators arranged the individual pieces... the whole work is made up of many interchangeable parts, able to exist on their own or with each other... arranging is therefore a subjective & flexible challenge....

A close up of my work, titled..
White Parazoa


Oooooh look, people are gathered around my sculptures....



A good friend of mine was also one of the 40 finalists. She makes exquisite compositions out of old books. This is her work below... as you can see, she also crafted the nifty little plywood box  as a stand, filled with the book cuttings to not only display, but to store the book as well.... clever!!

Double Bay....


The beautiful sunset....

No comments: