Wednesday 23 November 2011

Camilla & James Commission....

A lovely friend of mine commissioned me to draw the portraits of her house mates as a birthday present. I had the pleasure of staying with them in Melbourne earlier this year, so I got to know their characters. They are both incredible muso's, who play in a huge, fun, Jug band. Camilla on banjo and Piano (hence the piano tie reference) and James on double bass. I used a photo as reference for their faces (its been a while since I've drawn this realist) and had a fun time sketching out their quirky 'antique' clothing, from my inner fashion designer imagination.






 This was an initial cartoon sketch to get the idea, size and look. Below is the original picture that actually came in the oval frame I used (second hand). I think she is beautiful so I decided to base the portrait off her whimsical 'bonnet & daisy's' style.


No comments: