Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Mask Project....


As another crafty side-project to painting, I will be working on a 'Mask' series of sculptures. It must be noted- I didn't make the masks (they are the ones you buy to paint in craft shops). I one day hope to make my own mould and make them from scratch. In the meantime, I will use these to experiment with. My idea is to draw science-like symbols, fractals & organic structures, and then make paper/wax adornments, neck ruffles, alien like webbing, surrounding the faces, so they in part become the central, but less-obvious feature. As I was moving them around to create space on my desk, the light caught them, and I took these photographs. Enjoying the repetition of white faces (not quite human-like, but almost) I thought they also could make interesting & spooky paintings. 




 

No comments: